Do you know IAS full form, It is important to know what an IAS does and what is the role of IAS in our society. How to become an IAS, If you are looking for the answer to all these questions, you are in the right place. You will be able to get all the answers to this question from this article.
What is the IAS Full Form?
IAS Full Form is Indian Administration Services.
What is an IAS?
Which means Indian Administration Services (IAS). An IAS officer is considered a symbol of power and prestige in Indian society. The key to all government machinery in India is in the hands of IAS officers. It is also worth noting that the Superintendent of Police of the city also works under IAS (DM) in most states.
It is the civil service, it started in the 1850s. It is also called the Indian Civil Service. A Highly Competitive Examination has to be passed before reaching IAS, which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
IAS is considered to be the most respected job in Indian society. Only the President of India can suspend an IAS officer. IAS officer gets this post, which is as follows.
- District Collector
- Chief Secretary
- Head of public sector units
- Cabinet secretary
- Election Commissioner
Read More – SI Full Form
How to Become an IAS
Candidates who have obtained a degree (Graduation) from a recognized university in any discipline or the candidate who is in the last year of graduation can also apply for the examination.
Any professional and technical like MBBS, B Tech, Agriculture and Computer, etc. degree holders can also apply in this exam.
Read More – Full Form of SDO
Age limit for IAS
- • General Caste – The Maximum age for a candidate is 32 years.
- • OBC (O.B.C) – The Maximum age for the candidate is 35 years.
- • Scheduled Caste (S.C) / Scheduled Tribe (S.T) – The Maximum age for a candidate is 37 years.
Physically challenged (PH)
- General Caste – The Maximum age for the candidate 42 years
- OBC (O.B.C) – The Maximum age for the candidate 45 years
- Scheduled Caste (S.C) / Scheduled Tribe (S.T) – The Maximum age for the candidate 47 years.
What is the post other than IAS in the Civil Services Examination?
Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is called Indian Administrative Service. The Civil Service Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Civil Services Examination: The selected candidate gets an appointment in these posts.
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian Forest Service (IFS)
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Revenue Service (IRS) – Income Tax
- Indian Revenue Service (IRS) – Customs &
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Indian Defense Accounting Service (IDAS)
- Indian Defense Estates Service (IDES)
- Indian Economic Service (IES)
- Indian Ordnance Factory Services (IOFS)
- Indian Postal and Wire Accounts and Finance Service (IP & TAFS)
- Indian Railway Accounting Service (IRAS)
- Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS)
- Indian Information Service (IIS)
- Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS)
- Railway Protection Force (RPF)
- Central secretarial service
- Defense Secretariat Service
- Union Territory Administrative Service
- Union Territory Police Service
- State services
- State administrative service
- State police service
- State forest service
- Public Service Department, etc.
Read More – Full Form of DM
How many times can one appear in the IAS exam?
The number of IAS exam attempts has been determined according to the reservation.
- General – 6 Times
- OBC – 9 Times
- SC/ST – Unlimited Times of attempts
- Physically Handicapped (PH) – (General) General Class 9 years.
What is the examination procedure?
The IAS exam takes place in 3 stages, the first phase is called preliminary and the second one is called the third interview. Only those who pass the preliminary examination can give Mains and Interview.
IAS Full Form Video Help
FAQ – IAS Full Form
What is the salary of an IAS officer?
The basic per month salary of an IAS officer starts at Rs. 56,100.
Who is the youngest IAS officer in India?
Ansar Ahmad Shaikh is a genius who cracked the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) CSE exam at the age of 21 years with an (All India Rank) AIR of 361.
Can a 12th pass apply for UPSC?
So technically, 12th passed students can’t appear for this exam right after 12th.
What is the full form of IAS?
The full form of IAS is Indian Administration Services.
This is the complete and in-depth knowledge of IAS Full Form, the Age limit for IAS, IAS exam, How to become an IAS, etc. After adopting the IAS full form any doubt regarding commenting below.
Now it’s yours turns to much more knowledge. Let me know in the comment section. Which part of the article (IAS full form) do you like most? Let me know in the comment section.
If you like the post IAS full form. Don’t forget to share it with your friends.
Thanks for Visiting……